Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Broccoli and Tofu Stir Fry

Sorry it's taken me so long to post the recipe. My computer crashed several weeks ago and I've been trying to deal with that nightmare and I'm still waiting for my new one to get here.

Ok, this is a very forgiving recipe, so feel free to change the veggies or add spices that you like.

2 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
1 lb Extra Firm Tofu, diced
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1/8 tsp Turmeric
1 large Onion sliced into half moons
8 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/4 cup Grated Ginger (less according to your taste, but I love ginger)
2 lbs Broccoli Florets
1 Veggie Bouillon cube
15 oz can Coconut Milk (you can use lite if you wish)
Water (I usually use around 1 cup or so)
Braggs to taste
Siracha to taste (or another Chile-Garlic Sauce).. I used quite a bit of it, but again my family likes it spicy
Juice of 2 limes
1 bunch Cilantro, washed well coarsely chopped
1 large Red Bell Pepper, diced

Over Med-Hi heat a Wok Pan or Deep Skillet and add the Oil, spices, onion and garlic. Stir fry a bit then add the ginger and tofu and a squirt of Braggs then cook for 5 more minutes. Add the bouillon, coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil for around 3 minutes then turn the heat down to medium and add the broccoli and more water if needed. When the broccoli is done to your liking, add as much Siracha as you can stand, the lime juice, more braggs and pepper if you like. Just before serving top with the cilantro and red pepper. We like this over brown rice or basmati rice. It's better on the second day.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my word! This looks SO good! I love ginger, cilantro, broccoli, and tofu. I haven't had luck when I have used coconut milk in the past, but I love it in entrees at Thai restaurants...so maybe it will work this time. What is Braggs? I'm going to try it this week! Thanks so much. Sorry to hear about your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. That sounds delicious! Yes I just discovered this blogging thing also, and I love seeing people's sites with new ideas on it! Thank you for posting this recipe! I really want Vegan With A Vengance! Im very anxiously awaiting Vive to come in! I made her chocolate chip cookies today, and they are the best Ive ever tasted! If you've never made them, you should definately get the recipe(just go to Dreena's blog site)! But thanks for your inspiration! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody,
    Thanks so much for the advice about the Braggs and the coconut milk. I think I DID get the sweetened kind before. I'll let you know how the meal comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melody,
    Well, I made this dish last night and my husband said it was the best stir-fry I ever made! I absolutely loved it, too! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:29 PM

    This is our favorite meatless stir fry now...we LOVE it! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete