The Vegan Club (http://theveganclub.blogspot.com/2006/06/contest-cooking-with-quinoa.html) is having a Quinoa contest!
I made this recipe up just now and it's pretty good if I say so myself. Feel free to add more veggies, red bell pepper would be really good and pretty.
Quinoa Sushi Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 small bouillon cube
- 2 inches of peeled ginger, smashed
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
-make sure to rinse the quinoa, then bring it all to a boil, simmer for 3 minutes, put the lid on it and turn the heat down as low as it will go. It should be ready in 20 minutes.
Cool the quinoa.
In a large bowl add the cooled quinoa and these ingredients, then toss with the dressing:
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup daikon, cut however you like it
- 1 large english cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup nori shreds
- 1/4 cup soysauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1-3 tsp wasabi paste (start with 1, then taste)
- juice of 2 limes
-Chill for at least an hour and serve, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds if desired