Sunday, November 23, 2008

Raw Cheese Enchilada roll ups


Raw 'cheese' enchilada

I've been craving raw foods lately which is strange given our freezing cold temperatures in New Hampshire.

First of all, I really appreciate the emails and comments about my food both here and on my work blog... and as far as recipes go, I don't use them so unless I take the time to measure and write down what I make, it is virtually impossible for me to post a recipe...

So, onto the raw enchiladas.. I was looking through my fridge and it is pretty bare.. I wanted a salad, but unfortunately my arugula turned and I had to compost it.. I had collard greens and sun dried tomatoes and macadamia nuts.. chipotles, limes, cilantro, avocado.. hmmmm ..

I made a fast cheese out of the nuts which will keep for several days..

Here's an approximation:


  • 2 c nuts
  • 2 dates
  • 1 chipotle pepper
  • juice of 2 limes
  • cilantro
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 small red bell pepper
  • water for mixing
  • salt/pepper
Mix everything in a food processor until smooth. 


I wrapped 2 T of the cheese in a large collard green and topped it with sun dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and 1/8 of an avocado.. and rolled it up.

I garnished it with salsa and defrosted frozen corn (But it broke when I rolled it up and the pic sucked)..

I had two of these for lunch and am totally satisfied. The chipotle and red pepper flakes are warming me from the inside out.

I wish I had the ingredients for a fresh pico de gallo and cashew lime sour cream, that would have made this dish perfect.. but it was still pretty good.

Yesterday, I made a kick ass Raw Cream of Mushroom Soup for work.. it was a last minute thing and I never took a pic of it for the work blog.. but it was delicious and sold out. I love that we serve our raw soups warm.. I let a small amount sit on the stove and warm up.. (only for 2 hours for food safety)..

I will be taking one of my raw cheesecakes to Thanksgiving this year. I'm excited to see what people think of it. I'll definitely post a pic..

I'm excited to announce that Tracy has an E-book out! (you can also buy a printed copy).. I just downloaded it and you should too! She is the Seitan Queen!

9 comments:

  1. I am the same way, when I post recipes on my blog it's pathetic since I don't measure anything. Your raw food is so amazing looking. I am making raw tacos tonight! I wish I had the ingredients to try out that cheese. Oh and, same here, cold weather in NJ, craving raw foods. Wierd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! And it sounds yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchilada sounds very interesting. It will be exciting to see what everyone says about your cheesecake. One of my sisters is vegan. She lives in BC and when my mom went to visit, she made everyone (in-laws included) a chocolate cheesecake. They all raved about it. After they had eaten it, she told them it was allll tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm gonna try lightly warming up a raw soup for my next raw day. I've never tried that, but it's so cold, I'll need something to warm my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is interesting you would crave raw food this time of year, but those enchiladas would satisfy any kind of craving. I can't wait to see your dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what looks better, the food or the photography...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That macadamia cheese sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weight loss truths keeps you updated with latest information on weight loss tips, exercises, books and diets apart from enhancing your acumen with in-depth knowledge of traditional weight loss stuff and issues.For more information visit http://www.weight-loss-truths.com

    ReplyDelete