Sunday, November 28, 2010

Frugan: Pumpkin White Bean Pasta Sauce

If you have any leftover pumpkin, sweet potato or butternut squash, why not turn it into a quick pasta sauce? I took 1 c pumpkin puree, 1 c white beans, vegetable stock. roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, chipotle and lime juice to make this almost mexican style mac and hmmmm, I'm not sure I'd call it cheese, but let's just say yummy sauce! I drizzled a bit of olive oil over the top and finished it off with cilantro. Basil would have been delicious too.

As of tomorrow, I will be back to more regular blogging complete with recipes.

I am going to either ride my bike or walk to the store every day or other day with that days cash in hand. I have a feeling I will get more variety in my diet this way. We shall see! I need to make a big batch of veggie burgers and bread today for my sons lunches.

I have some personal food goals this week.

  • No Wheat
  • No Refined Sugar
  • Eat smaller portions and wait 20 minutes before having a second portion of anything
If I keep eating the way I did last week, I will be broken out in hives and 10 lbs heavier by the end of December!

5 comments:

  1. i like your goals for the week, Melody. especially with the smaller portions and waiting twenty minutes. i tend to take a bunch of food and shovel it in at a rapid rate - then i go for seconds without giving myself a chance to listen to my hunger signals. being more mindful is always a good thing.

    we used up our leftover pumpkin in our crockpot chili saturday night, but i still have 2 cans left and might just have to open one up for your pumpkin white bean pasta - it sounds delicious, and i can use the rest of the pumpkin for smoothies or somethin'. thanks for another tasty and inexpensive recipe. w00t!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I have so much pumpkin to use up. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your son is so lucky to get homemade veggie burgers each day. yum.

    we like to walk to the grocery store often. i usually plan where i live based on the ability to walk to a health food store.

    good luck on the no wheat. it must be hard having it in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so delicious! Your goals are admirable! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! http://www.gofundme.com/1cpmx8?utm_campaign=Emails&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

    ReplyDelete