Raw Key Lime Pie
- 3 c Pecans
- 1 1/4 c pitted dates
- ½ c dry coconut
- Pinch salt
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1-3 T water if necessary
- 3 c cashews soaked and drained
- 1 c coconut oil
- 1 t coconut extract
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c evaporated cane juice (or sweetener of choice)
- Juice of 3 limes and zest of two of them (put the rest of the zest the freezer!)
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t nutmeg
- small pinch turmeric for color if desired
- Coconut for garnish if desired
- Pulse ingredients for crust in a food processor. Press into a pie plate or spring form pan. Freeze
- Place the filing ingredients in the food processor or high speed blender. Blend until totally smooth. You can add a little almond milk or even water if necessary to get it to loosen up.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze for at least an hour but preferable overnight before eating
I hope you enjoy this one! We sure do! I'm going to be teaching a raw food class Sat and this is on the menu!
Tomorrow, I am doing a post all all about STEVIA!
If you are looking for a frugal and healthy recipe for dessert, check out my Sugar Free Banana Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter frosting. The secret ingredient in the frosting is BEANS!