Almonds are something I make room for in my budget. I pay $7.99 for two pounds and that will usually last me for two weeks. I make use of all of the almond including the pulp if I make milk from it. I switch up my milks to have on hand from week to week, but lately have been leaning towards my bean milk and banananog because they are a lot cheaper, plus I really love almond pates. You can also make my Nutty Goat Cheese with almonds instead of cashews!
This simple pate is delicious and a great stand in for feta cheese. It comes together in 5 minutes and the longer is sits in the fridge, the better it gets!
Lemony Almond Pate
- 2 small or 1 large garlic cloves
- 1 C almonds
- 2 T plain soy yogurt
- 2 T drained sauerkraut
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 t fresh thyme ( or ½ t dried thyme )
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T green olives
- Salt/pepper to taste (chunky sea salt is great here if you have it)
- Add Garlic and a pinch of salt to food processor and pulse until completely chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to combine to reach the texture you desire
- Add salt/pepper to taste
If winter has you down and you are looking for some stick to your ribs but healthy comfort foods check out my Kicked Up Colcannon!
Stay tuned for a healthier Gluten Free Chunky Monkey Mug Cake with Banana Pecan Ice Cream! I will post that recipe tomorrow.
Have a great Sunday! Here's hoping I can get my dog to do her business before I head out!