In case you missed it, here's a link to my STEVIA post!
I'm co-teaching a Raw Food Class this weekend with Bob Vacarro through Yoga by Donation in Portsmouth, NH. There's still room for more people, so if you want to attend you can email me ( my link is on my profile page ) or leave a comment with more info. We just need a head count by tomorrow so we can shop/plan.
First, I'd love to give a shout out to Bob! He shares the gift of yoga with everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. He offers a variety of classes taught by a myriad of instructors and once a month he hosts a by donation Raw Food Class. I've been co-teaching with him and it's so much fun! I absolutely love teaching cooking classes. It's so much fun to connect with people over food, especially beautiful, raw food! Every group is different, but by the time the class is over , it's like we've been friends for years! People open up and there is just a wonderful vibration in the room. I used to teach classes through the local Community Adult Education and they were held in the Middle School kitchen.. that was so much fun! The kitchens were awful, but we made do with what we had!
- Raw Chili
- Marinated Winter Veggie Salad
- Cashew Lime Sour Cream
- Veggie Crackers
- Key Lime Pie
My raw chili recipe is simple and delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 c walnuts, pecans or sunflower seeds
- 1 med carrot, pulsed
- 12 oz mushrooms, pulsed
- 1 red pepper, minced
- ½ green pepper, minced
- ½ small red onion, pulsed
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- ½ c sun dried tomatoes +1 c water
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 - 3 dates, pitted
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- ½ t coriander
- ½ t oregano
- 2 T braggs
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- ½ c nutritional yeast
- 1 t Chipotle powder or smoked paprika, optional
- Place garlic in food processor, pulse well
- Add walnuts, pulse, place in a large bowl
- Pulse mushrooms, add to bowl
- Chop pepper, onion, jalapeno, add to bowl
- Place sun dried tomatoes, water, cherry tomatoes and dates in food processor, blend well
- Stir in spices, braggs, lime juice, cilantro and nutritional yeast
- Taste and Adjust seasoning
- Garnish with Cashew Lime Sour Cream, Guacamole & Pico de Gallo
|Raw Meaty Marinara|
Here's a link to my delicious and very hearty Raw Meaty Marinara. The recipe makes a huge batch, but it freezes well. If you make the whole thing, do it in two batches. The sauce actually broke my vita mix! ( which was fixed with a simple part shipped to me .. I've had my Vita Mix for 7 years a LOVE IT! )
Do you have a favorite raw dish or a cooked dish you'd like to see me convert to a raw version? I'm in need of a cooking assignment!