Marinated Winter Kale Salad
- 4 cups kale, destemmed and cut in a chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon best quality sea salt (smoked salt would be fabulous here!)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons minced red onion
- ½ cup chopped green olives
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon best quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste if needed
• In a large mixing bowl, add the kale, salt, orange juice, vinegar and garlic powder. Massage well with
your hands for several minutes.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and massage well
Let salad sit for 10 minutes; taste and adjust seasonings and enjoy!
In cast you missed it, check out my Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe!!
... and here's a sneak peak at at tomorrow's post!
Orange Scented Chocolate Pecan Pie!