3 Ingredient Chickpea Burger with Tartar Sauce
- 1 c cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 t Old Bay Seasoning
- Pulse everything in a food processor
- Form into 3 patties and cook over medium heat in a cast iron skillet
- 1/2 c mayo
- 1/4 t Old Bay
- 1 t dried dill ( or 1 T fresh )
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 t onion powder
- 3 T relish
- pinch lemon zest (if you have it.. I do because I zest ALL my citrus before I use it and keep the peels in the freezer. You should to!)
The burgers are delicious in a collard wrap with lots of veggies and a nice cup of Chipotle Split Pea Soup. Yum! What a great meal!
I worked on some recipes yesterday using a fat free version of my mayo as the base. Honey Mustard ( using stevia ) and Ranch Dressing! I love being able to replicate flavors and textures of foods.
One tip I have for you is that if you have a picky family who might turn their nose up at a homemade sauce, ketchup, mayo or whatever, save the original container and fill it with the homemade version. You'll be amazed that people will not know the difference.
We are getting MORE SNOW! I'm in the for the day. My car is safely parked in the area where it won't get towed and I am going to work on editing some pictures of a very sweet baby!