I made a batch of these delicious muffin bars. They aren't very healthy, but they could be worse! They are a cross between a muffin and cake I guess. You could dress it up with a glaze and serve it as a dessert or go simple and sprinkle powdered sugar on it. Whatever you do, make sure it's eaten within a day or so at the most because gluten free baked goods dry out really fast.
Strawberry Lemon Muffin Bars
- 1/2 c flax meal
- 1.5 c non dairy milk
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 c sugar
- 1.5 c chopped frozen strawberries
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 T poppyseeds
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- pinch turmeric for color if desired
- 2 c Bob's Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 t baking powder
- healthy pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Whisk first 9 ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Beat super well. Let stand for 15 minutes
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Mix very well.
- Spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray, bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan after 15 minutes
I also made a big batch of our favorite Thai Tofu Stir Fry using frozen broccoli.
I'm totally obsessed with hummus filled collard wraps. I can't get enough of them. I've been eating them every single day. I am so sad to hear that many of you in different countries don't have access to collard greens! I wonder if you can grow them? If you have some land, I can send you some seeds if you'd like!