I have a great tip for noodles. Take some very hot water and pour it into your 9 by 13 pan along with a t of oil. Add your dry noodles and let them soak while you are preparing the rest of your lasagna ingredients.(around 15 minutes) Just before layering, drain the noodles. This will soften them enough so they cook easily yet eliminate the breakage and irritation of boiling your pasta. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles. 6 in all to reduce calories.
White Bean Ricotta Dip/Spread/Filling
· 1 large clove garlic
· 1 t garlic salt
· 1 t lemon pepper
· 2 c white beans; no liquid at all (if you are using canned beans this will be a 29 oz can. Reduce garlic salt by half if using canned beans and then add to taste)
· 1 T balsamic vinegar
· 3 T nutritional yeast
· Healthy pinch freshly grated nutmeg
· 1/3 c fresh basil
· 2 T best quality olive oil if desired
1. Pulse garlic, garlic salt and lemon pepper in a food processor
2. Add the beans, vinegar, yeast, nutmeg and basil. Process until totally smooth
3. Drizzle with Olive Oil if desired
This is a lasagna that you can feel good about eating.
What are your favorite lasagna fillings?