Having base ingredients on hand allows me to throw together meals in less than 30 minutes. This lentil soup came together in 20 minutes and was so delicious!
I like to add little bursts of flavor that may be unexpected. This lentil soup was infused with a bit of nutmeg and lemon zest, really bringing it together in a lovely way.
- 1 T evoo
- 1 t good quality Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 c cooked lentils
- 2 c water or broth
- 2 c Marinara Sauce
- 3 C greens of choice
- 1 c sliced mushrooms
- 3 oz pasta of choice (I used corn rigatoni)
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T Cashew Goat Cheese
- 1/4 t freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 t lemon zest (I zest all citrus before using and freeze it!)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Saute dried spices, onions and garlic for 3 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredient (until the vinegar), cover and bring to a boil for 15 minutes
- Take off heat, stir in vinegar, goat cheese, nutmeg, zest and add salt/pepper to taste
And now for more Portraits!
I am funding my Cross Country Road Trip through Cooking Classes and Photo Shoot! I will be posting my itinerary soon and hope that some of you will set up a class/shoot with me!