Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Seitan Fajita Philly Sandwich or Wrap


In case you missed my it, I have a great Tofu Feta Recipe on my last post!

This is my one of my sons favorite sandwiches ever. I saute seitan with peppers, mushrooms, onions and peppers, slather it with chipotle sauce and queso and serve it on homemade bread with a bit of salsa.

I've never been to Philly, but I'd like to think this would sandwich would be a please to vegetarians/vegans who want to have a filling, savory sandwich/wrap!

Here are links to the recipes used to create this!
Fajita - Seitan Filling (for 3 big wraps)
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 t cumin seeds
  • 1 huge onion, sliced in half moons
  • 1 big green pepper, sliced 
  • 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 1 cup shredded All Purpose Seitan
  • Soy Sauce to taste
  • Lots of black pepper
  1. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat add the oil, cumin, onion, pepper, shrooms and garlic along with the chili powder
  2. Cook for around 10 minutes or so. Add soy sauce and black pepper to taste. 
Enjoy! 
Portrait of the Day!

6 comments:

  1. looks good melody, we cant use the satain cause my Melodie is gluten intolerant but the sandwich looks mighty tasty (sorry about the spelling, my fingers have a life of their own some days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand why your sons love this sandwich; it sounds like a flavor sensation, all the goodies and trimmings, just what makes a sandwich great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby would go crazy for this sandwich. Looks amazing!
    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband just said that looked good:)lol this is totally a guys sandwich, your sons,debras hubby, my hubby:) very cool.although..i agree with Rose, it looks great to me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Philly, and a vegan, so this recipe is very enticing!

    ReplyDelete