This is my one of my sons favorite sandwiches ever. I saute seitan with peppers, mushrooms, onions and peppers, slather it with chipotle sauce and queso and serve it on homemade bread with a bit of salsa.
I've never been to Philly, but I'd like to think this would sandwich would be a pleaser.
Here are links to the recipes used to create this!
Fajita - Seitan Filling (for 3 big wraps)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t cumin seeds
- 1 huge onion, sliced in half moons
- 1 big green pepper, sliced
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 cup shredded All Purpose Seitan
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Lots of black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat add the oil, cumin, onion, pepper, shrooms and garlic along with the chili powder
- Cook for around 10 minutes or so. Add soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
Portrait of the Day!