Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sprouted Lentil and Sunflower Nori Rolls


I feel the subtle shift of spring in the air. Here in New Hampshire, spring comes pretty late compared to the rest of the country, but I take any hope I can get of the weather slowly warming up.

Raw Nori Rolls are one of my favorite warmer weather meals and even though it's not at all warm, I am pretending like it is. Plus, the water was off all day in my apartment building, so using raw staples was a good thing!

I filled these rolls with an almost raw sunflower/sprouted lentil pate, shredded beets, carrots, avocado, wasabi and more mustard. I like using sprouted lentils in addition to nuts/seeds to lessen the fat content of the pate.

To sprout lentils just soak them overnight, drain and place in a colander for a day or two. Rinse the sprouts several times a day. You can also hang in them in a paint straining bag or nut milk bag Simple, eh?

I use my Lower Fat Vegenaise Alternative in this recipe.

Sprouted Lentil and Sunflower Pate
  • 1 c sprouted lentils
  • 1 c sunflower seeds
  • 4 T Vegenaise
  • 1 c chopped celery
  • 3 T diced onion
  • Juice and zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 T mustard
  • 2 T relish
  • 1 t prepared wasabi
  • 1 t grated ginger 
  • ½ t dried dill
Method:
Pulse the lentils and seeds in the food processor then stir in the rest of the ingredients by hand.

If you're looking for another recipe, here's a link to my Raw Eggless Salad. It's super good too!

.. and of course, another portrait! I'm funding my Cross country Road Trip with photo shoots on the road and cooking classes!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I will most definitely make some of these sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Looks delish!
    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! This is officially on my list of things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh these look and sound great.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rolls look amazing!!! So vibrant! Yummmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like the mouthfeel of nori- but I love rice wrappers, I am going to try this recipe using those. thanks again

    ReplyDelete