Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gluten Free Pesto Pasta Salad and lots of recipes

This Pesto Pasta Salad is super delicious and healthy.  I used brown rice rotini so it is gluten free, but you can use any type of pasta you like.

Pesto Pasta Salad
  • 1 lb pasta cooked al dente in salted water and rinsed well
  • 1/2 cup Pesto
  • 1 cup Vegan Mayo
  • 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (do not drain)
  • 1/2 c roasted red peppers, chopped 
  • chives or other fresh herbs for garnish 
  • balsamic vinegar to taste
  • lots of freshly ground pepper to taste
  • smoked sea salt to taste 
  • pinch marjoram
  • pinch coriander
  • pinch cumin
Toss everything together and let the salad come together for several hours. Taste and adjust seasoning.

You can add your favorite veggies to this salad along with cooked chickpeas for a more substantial salad.

Here are some links to great picnic/cookout recipes:
I hope you all are having a great holiday weekend.

I know I've been absent here, but  I will be back full force soon.

    6 comments:

    1. Glad to see you posting! :) this looks perfect for this weekend! Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This looks great for my pasta loving hubby. Thanks for testing it out gluten-free.

      Welcome back, you were missed!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sounds perfect! As do all the other recipes! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Looks good, I just made some gf pasta salad for my son, well we all ate it, and it was so good!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Been missin' your posts....They're always so yummy and cheerful to see in my inbox.

      Glad 2 see you're back!


      ali

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love pesto! I bet this recipe is great for the summer when I get sick of hot foods.

      ReplyDelete