This is not really a "recipe" because you can use whatever spices you like and add other veggies you have on hand. I kept it simple. I use regular old white vinegar (that I buy in a gallon jug) and just a pinch of stevia for sweetness.
Simple Spiced Pickles
- 1 1/2 English Cucumbers, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 white onion, sliced into half moons
- Hefty pinch sea salt (around 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch stevia or 2 tablespoons sugar
- White distilled vinegar
- With impeccably clean hands, pack the cucumbers and onions into a quart sized glass jar
- Add the salt, spices and stevia
- Cover with white vinegar
- Cover jar and chill overnight
I've been eating these mixed into everything! They were especially good in the salad I had for lunch!
Finally, I wanted to give you guys the link to my facebook account. I post almost everything I eat daily there and have been keeping track of my shopping list there too. (You can find August's list so far under the Discussion Tab).
You can also look to your right of this page and click on the Facebook Box to take you to my page.