Thursday, October 27, 2011

20 Minute Curried Lentils and Spaghetti Squash


It's no secret (especially for those on my Facebook) that I love to eat savory leftovers for breakfast.  This morning, I was craving something hearty, warming and spicy and this stew came together in about 20 minutes.  I had cooked spaghetti squash, lentils and salsa which I turned into Curry in a Hurry.


Spicy Lentils and Spaghetti Squash
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1 onion, diced
  • ½ poblano pepper (or green pepper), diced
  • Heaping ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
  • 1 large carrot, diced
  • 5 big cloves garlic 
  • 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
  • Tony’s creole seasoning to taste
  • 1 cup water
  • ½ cup salsa
  • 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
  • 1 cup cooked lentils
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • ½ cup cilantro
  • Siracha to taste
  1. Saute the spices, onion, garlic, ginger, veggies and Tony's for several minutes.
  2. Add water, salsa, squash and lentils. 
  3. Cover and cook over medium hi heat for 15 minutes
  4. Finish with juice of 1 lemon, siracha, cilantro and season with salt/pepper to taste
  5. ENJOY! serves 2

I want to thank everyone for their comments and support on my last post. How I wish that NO ONE related to what I shared...    I am very encouraged to know that many of you have worked hard to overcome this struggle as well....  the private emails were also very much appreciated. 

Today my son is coming to Boston for a visit.  It is raining and cold, but we'll brave the weather and find some fun stuff to do.  We're definitely going out to eat... but I probably won't bring my camera.. but I will be reviewing whatever restaurant we go to!  Tonight we are seeing THIS concert which I expect to be pretty cool! 

Have a great day!