Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Commenting System, Cilantro Chutney and More Fair Foods!


First of all, thank you all so much for the great comments/tips/suggestions/support in yesterday's post when I talked a bit more about overeating.  I really appreciate all of the comments! In fact, I finally have bit the bullet and installed a new commenting system, so I can easily reply to your comments.  I never quite know where to reply, back at your blogs or under the comments?  Some of you don't have blogs, so I figure this will be a great way to keep everything streamlined.

Keeping trigger foods out of the house is the number one way I have been able to keep things under control, especially here in Boston since I have to walk to get all of my groceries!  Last night, I was really craving pizza and sugar and crap... but I finished off my 3 Ingredient Veggie Burgers and felt wonderful satisfied!  It also helps that my roomie and I are on the same page about eating and getting healthy!  Having her support means a lot to me.

I realized something very powerful that I am going to share in a post tomorrow yesterday while walking to pick up my wonderful $2 a bag produce from Fair Foods... and speaking of Fair Foods, here is what I got in my $2 bag yesterday!  I was really thrilled with the cilantro, but it needed to be used immediately so I made a fast chutney/sauce to preserve it which will keep very well for the next two weeks!

I added some of this sauce to my burgers and wowza!.. so good! I will also be using it this week in a 20 Minute Chana Masala which I will be blogging about soon. 

Cilantro Chutney
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 habanero pepper (or jalapeno for milder heat)
  • 1 large onion, rough chop
  • 4 cups packed cilantro (washed very well)
  • ½ teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
  • ½ teaspoon roasted coriander powder
  • 1 tablespoon Tony’s Creole Seasoning
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Method:
Process garlic in food processor first so it is very broken up, and then add the rest of the ingredients (except the oil) and pulse until very well combines.   Place in a glass container and add the oil. Stir and refrigerate.

It's a beautiful day here.. I'm going to head out soon and bring my camera with me and take a long way to work this afternoon.