I decided to make a super yummy Sushi Wrap instead for lunch yesterday and I'm so glad I did. I used the last of the daikon and spiralized it into noodles, chopped up some carrots and made a quick Tofu Salad to stuff inside with baby collards and avocado. So so good! It totally hit all of the flavor notes I was craving and filled me right up without being too heavy. I love using Nori in place of bread. Here's the recipe I used for the tofu salad:
- 4 ounces extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo (I used my hickory smoked white bean spread, recipe coming the next time I make it)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 big clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- siracha to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- soy sauce or braggs to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Wasabi to taste
- splash apple cider vinegar
To build the wrap, I placed the greens on the bottom, then the daikon, tofu salad, avocado and cilantro and wrapped it up. For a Raw version, you could use either my Sprouted Lentil and Sunflower Pate or my Eggless Egg Salad.
I am finding it MUCH easier to moderate my eating here. Having a roommate helps... because I have told her about my issues with Compulsive Overeating. I think sharing honestly with people is a HUGE step in overcoming this. I find it MUCH harder to control myself when I go up to Portsmouth.. and when I stay in my X's house. This is the house I used to live in and I think I immediately go back to feeling like I did when I felt trapped in an unhappy marriage. I am learning a lot about myself with this move and so far am really really happy I took the chance to change my life! .. and just look at the Sunrise I get to see every single morning!
For those of you who have issue with overeating, what do you find helps you the most?