Friday, March 16, 2012

New Blog Direction and Cilantro White Bean Sauce


I made a delicious sauce the other night out of cilantro, white beans and zucchini but before I share the recipe, I want to talk about the direction of this blog.

I am no longer really doing the Vegan for $3.33 a Day.  My life has changed SOOO much in the last 6 months and since I cook all day long for my jobs, I am not cooking as much as I used to either.

I have, however, lost quite a bit of weight since I moved to Boston and might expand on that a bit more in future posts..

I am not sure how to re-title my blog or exactly what I'm going to write about, but I miss blogging and connecting with you guys.  I know I will always be very passionate about frugal vegan food and recipes.

Sooo...  just a warning that things are going to change around here!

Onto the sauce...  it is really simple and delicious. I used cilantro, but parsley and basil would be good or a combo of all three.

Cilantro Sauce

  • 3 cloves garlic
  • good pinch salt
  • 1 bunch cilantro, washed
  • 1 cup cooked white beans 
  • 1 cooked zucchini
  • 2 tablespoons miso
  • 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • pinch nutmeg
  • juice of 1 lemon 
  • lemon zest
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt/pepper to taste
  1. Process garlic and salt in a food processor
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it become the consistency of pesto
  3. Taste and adjust seasonings
  4. Enjoy!