If you love Thai food like I do, this simple Green Curry Paste will probably become a staple in your home! You can make a batch and freeze it in ice cube trays so you can whip up a tasty meal in no time. It will also keep in the fridge for a week.
This is a raw paste, so make sure you cook it down when you use it. If you don't have coconut or do not like the texture, please feel free to use coconut oil in place of the dried coconut.
Green Curry Paste
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 1 large bunch Thai basil (or in a pinch, regular basil)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemongrass
- 4 kafir lime leaves
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1-5 jalapenos (depending on your heat preference)
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried coconut (or 4 tablespoons coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon kelp powder or 1/4 cup shredded nori (optional)
- Braggs to taste
- Pulse the garlic and salt in a food processor until totally smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients, scrape down and pulse until combined. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water or oil to get things moving.
I will be making a clean out the fridge chickpea and veggie curry with this and will blog about it when it's done!
How would you use this curry paste? What is your favorite Thai dish?