Monday, August 27, 2012

Restaurant Review: N&H Saigon Subs, Randolph, MA


The Boyfriend introduced me to his favorite little Vietnamese hole in the wall sub shop and OH MY GOD... the food is so good!  N&H Saigon Subs in Randolph, MA makes my current favorite sandwich, a vegetarian Banh Mi.  It is prepared with homemade spicy sauce (no fish sauce), marinated tofu, shredded carrot/daikon, cilantro and fresh jalapenos.  The bread is super fresh, crusty and soft all at the same time and the perfect size and amount for the filling.  



The couple who run this place put so much care into their food.  I had the pleasure of watching the man prepare an iced coffee and you could tell how much attention and dare I say, love he put into the simple act.  I can't really describe it.. but I know it when I see it.   It's wonderful to watch someone who loves and takes pride in what they do.  

I took these pics with my phone while waiting for our subs the other day.  
You can't see, but the prices are amazing, $3.50 per sandwich! Unheard of, right?
They also have prepared foods to go and they make noodle bowls, Pho, specials and soups.
Hard at work. :-)
They have been written up in the Globe! 






One of these days, I am going to attempt my hand at my own Banh Mi...  there is a market up the street from the restaurant that sells the bread ... so look for that post in the near future; maybe next week.  There's so much cooking I want to do, yet so little time to do it .. since The Boyfriend and I only see each other on the weekends.  We have a running list of dishes and ideas to make...  

mmmm... drenched in Siracha! 

If you're on the South Shore, plan a trip to N&H Saigon Subs

Have you ever made a Banh Mi?  I'd love to hear what you put in yours and how you made it! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Everything looks delicious! I will have to check it. Next time you are in the area you should check out Justine’s Table. It is the best restaurant in Newton, MA.

    ReplyDelete