Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter or earth balance
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- pinch red pepper flakes if desired
- pinch salt/pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 7 cloves garlic, reserve 1 whole clove
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large red or yellow potato
- 15 oz can white beans and the liquid
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 lb frozen broccoli
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 oz goat cheese or Vegan Goaty Cashew Cheese
- Heat fat over medium heat in a heavy bottomed soup pan
- Add the spices, onion and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add the carrot, potato, beans and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then turn down to a strong simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the broccoli, bring to another boil, then turn heat off, and add the nutmeg, Dijon and goat cheese and crush the remaining cloves of garlic into the soup
- Cover, and let sit for 10 minutes, then puree with an immersion blender
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
This is such a simple, yet comforting soup. The beans give it great body and creaminess and up the protein content!
- Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Southwestern Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- 20 Minute Creamy White Bean and Pesto Soup
- Smoky Cheesy Potato Soup
- Low-Fat Cheesy Cabbage Potato Soup
- Simple Low Fat Cauliflower Cheese Soup
I have been in Boston for a year now! I have a big post coming up about my experiences here the last year, as well as a weight loss update, complete with Before and After pics! I still have some weight to lose, but I have lost 110 lbs since I moved!
Do you guys struggle with your weight? What have you tried to lose weight/keep it off? What works, what doesn't?