This simple dish showcases blanched asparagus and raw grape tomatoes. To blanch the asparagus, salt your water and bring it to a boil. Cut your asparagus in bit size pieces and drop it into the boiling water for 5 seconds. Drain in a colander and immediately plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking process and set the color. Set aside.
Chop your tomatoes and toss with this simple lemon-mustard-tarragon vinaigrette. If you would like to cut calories, you can replace most of the olive oil with chickpea cooking liquid. Please use at least 2 tablespoons of oil though for the lovely flavor and mouth feel it provides.
- Juice of 1 lemon (around 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 4 tablespoons chickpea cooking liquid and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt/freshly ground pepper to taste
Simple yet so flavorful!