I use black beans and peanut butter, but you can use white beans and other nut butters as well.
Sugar Free Chocolate Hummus
- 1 cups dates, pitted or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Good pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Local honey to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons water, date soaking liquid or milk
- If the dates or raisins are dry, cover with boiling water for 5 minutes, strain and save the water
- Place the rest of the ingredients except for the soaking water in a food processor and process until totally smooth, adding the liquid as needed.
- Let hummus sit for several hours so the flavors can get to know each other.
Kids love it (especially with a Green Slime smoothie on the side!)