MMMM.... broccoli! Raw, roasted, braised in a delicious coconut milk curry.. it's all good to me! The above dish is my 'Good Stir Fry' which is my kids favorite meal ever. You should make it. As I've explained several times, it's not really a stir fry.. it's more of a Thai Curry, but the kids called everything served over rice a Stir Fry when they were little and they named this. Spicy, tangy, sweet and full of yummy broccoli, this dish is a total crowd pleaser.
This is a VERY flavorful Raw Broccoli Salad. Sunflower seeds and green olives make up the base of the dressing and it's all massaged together, creating a somewhat 'cooked' feel...
Raw Broccoli Salad
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup green olives
- several tablespoons olive brine
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Soy sauce/black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parlsey
- Mix the broccoli, carrots and onion together.
- Pulse dressing ingredients in a food processor and pour over broccoli. You want the dressing to have some texture.
- Massage dressing into broccoli and allow the salad to sit for at least an hour before serving. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Finally, this Roasted Broccoli is so full of tangy, garlicky goodness you won't be able to stop eating it!
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Lemon
- 1 large head broccoli divided into florets and stems
- 10 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crushed Red Pepper to taste
- Salt/freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Line a sheet pan with parchment and toss all of the ingredients together on the pan and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning once
What's your favorite way to eat broccoli?