I AM NOT GOING TO GAIN ALL OF THE WEIGH BACK I'VE LOST, so I am starting my own version of Operation Booty Shrink again! What this means to me is that I am going to be starting my day with a Green Smoothie, pay attention to my portions, eat much less dessert, and start walking and exercising more. I am not doing anything drastic, counting calories or restricting any foods, I am simply going to be more mindful. I still have weight to lose, and I WILL get to my goal weight in a healthy manner. One way I have achieved this through food, is to pay attention to the levels of grains in my diet. I am in NO WAY suggesting eliminating grains or "carbs" but I have a tendency to overeat them, so basing my meals around legumes and veggies works very well for me.
It's amazing to me what stress does to my eating habits. I have had very good luck relieving stress with exercise, but the initial behavior modification when I've given into bad habits is difficult. "They" say it takes three weeks to make or break a habit and I think that makes sense.
I am not turning this blog into a weight loss blog, but it is going to be a focus of mine for a while as I ease back into this transition. I was spoiled by walking so much as part of my daily life, and was very lucky to lose weight without much effort. I am planning on moving back to the city as soon as possible, so my walking lifestyle will resume, but until then let Operation Booty Shrink begin!
The recipe pictured above is for my raw 5 Spice Lettuce Wraps
5 Spice Lettuce Cups
- 1 head romaine hearts, separated
- 1/2 batch Marinated Mushrooms (recipe below) divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Soy sauce to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- Chopped cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Grated Carrots for garnish if desired
- 12 oz Cremini or White Button Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Amino Acid
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon good quality Lemon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Wash and separate romaine hearts into individual leaves, set aside
- In a food processor, add half of the mushrooms and garlic; pulse.
- Process the rest of the ingredients (leaving the sesame seeds, tomatoes and carrots out for garnish)
- Fill lettuce leaves, top with remaining mushrooms , sesame seeds, carrots (if using) and tomato