I was asked on Facebook yesterday if I had a coleslaw recipe to share. Now, my favorite slaw is my Asian 5 Spice Slaw.... but not everyone is into that sort of thing, but if you are please make it because it's DELICIOUS!
I digress... so, I realized I have never actually written down my normal slaw recipe.. and hadn't planned on making any, but The Boyfriend had some fish for lunch, so I offered to make him some slaw and wrote down my recipe as I made it. Even though I call this caraway dill slaw, the flavors are mild enough that you could serve it as regular slaw.
Caraway Dill Coleslaw
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tbsp mayo (My Lower Fat Vegenaise recipe is GREAT here!)
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dry dill, caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, parsley
- salt/pepper to taste or Old Baby Seasoning
- Massage the salt into the cabbage until it starts to break down. Set in a colander to drain water. (there won't be much water released)
- In a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste with salt/pepper. Let it side for 5 minutes after adding the salt/pepper and taste before you re-season.
- You could also replace the salt with Old Bay Seasoning. This is super yummy!