Having our two Ethiopian Spice Mixtures on hand allows me to create dishes with amazing depth of flavor in no time flat. Early this morning, I made my Spicy Blender Juice 1 bunch cilantro, parsley, beets, ginger, jalapenos, psyllium and chia, but i was hungry a couple hours later so I threw together this yummy tofu scramble in 15 minutes.
Ethiopian Tofu Scramble
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 7 oz crumbled extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp Melody's Spice Mix
- 1 tsp The Boyfriend's Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- soy sauce/black pepper to taste
- fresh thyme (optional)
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add the oil and mushrooms. Cool the mushrooms until they are browned.
- Add the cabbage and spices and tofu and a healthy pinch salt/pepper. Cook until cabbage is done (around 10 minutes)
- Stir in nutritional yeast, soy sauce, pepper and add any fresh herb you may have on hand.
Serves 1 very hungry person or 2 regular people
Sneak Peak at some recipes I'll be posting soon:
Crockpot Baked Beans
Creamy Tomato Soup with Pesto