I love Vegenaise! I could eat globs of it on burgers,
.. and of course, the old stand-by, Potato Salad
This makes 2 quarts of sauce. I made both the sauce variations and have a bunch of leftover regular 'mayo'. It will keep around 2 weeks in the fridge, providing you NEVER double dip. That means not only double dipping with a spoon in your mouth, but also using the same spoon for other foods as you would use to dish this up.
Very Low Fat/Calorie Vegan Mayo Base Sauce
- 4 cups very well cooked white soybeans
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 9 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup safflower oil or other neutral oil
- In a food processor, place the salt and garlic in and pulse until it forms a paste.
- Add the beans, dijon, sugar,water and vinegar and process until totally smooth, scraping down the side as necessary
- Very slowly, drizzle in the oil until the mixture just comes together
- Chill for at least 4 hours before using
Yield: around 2 quarts
20 calories per Tablespoon, around 1 gram of fat
Since this has a fair amount of mustard, the base 'mayo' is more like a dijonaise, but I'm a fan of that. You could reduce the mustard, but then I would add more oil.
Click here and scroll down for the Southwestern Chipotle and Wasabi Ginger Sauce Recipes.