Thursday, June 13, 2013

20 Minute Savory Chipotle - Broccoli Oat Bran


I'm a huge fan of Savory Breakfasts.(Gingered Tofu with Zucchini) 


I have been loving Oat Bran lately, but I've been preparing it with my Bean Milk, raisins, chia seeds, cinnamon and a bit of psyllium husk, and while that is delicious, I get bored eating the same thing over and over.


So, this morning, I took a look see in the fridge and freezer and saw that I had some leftover Chipotle Hummus and frozen broccoli and one of my favorite quick soups came to mind.  

I decided to replace the quinoa with 1/2 cup of oat bran and it came out super yummy.  The whole pot was ready in 20 minutes.  Win win!  I made a quick topping of onions, tomato, cilantro and pickled jalapeno and green olives.  


Yum yum!  

1 comment:

  1. What a great breakfast to start a morning with! I better get up and make myself some breakfast now! Thanks for the ideas too.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete