That being said, it was still delicious and oh, so rich. You could easily get 24 slices out of a 9 inch cake.
Note: There is honey in this recipe. If you choose not to eat honey, I have provided the alternative of agave for vegans.
Raw Blueberry Cheesecake
• Crust 1 ½ cups almonds
• 1 cup coconut
• 12 large dates pitted (about a cup loosely packed)
• Healthy pinch salt
• 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• Pinch stevia powder
• 3 tablespoons warm water
In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients except the water until it resembles very course flour. Add water by the tablespoon until the dough comes together; press into spring form pan and put in freezer while you make the filling.
• 2 ¾ cups cashews that have been soaked in warm water for 10 minutes (soak them while you are preparing the crust)
• 1 cup coconut oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Juice of two medium lemons
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ¼ tsp cardamom and nutmeg
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 cup honey or agave for vegans
• 14 oz blueberries (around 2 cups) you can use either frozen or fresh. If you use frozen, thaw them first!
Place everything in a food processor and process until it is very, very smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. This can take up to 5 minutes of processing.
Fill the spring form pan with the filling and place in the freezer for at least two hours before serving.
2 cups frozen mixed berries
• 3 tbsp hot water
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp psyllium husk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup honey
Blend everything together until smooth.
Here are some links to more Raw or Almost Raw Desserts!