Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kale Salad with Edamame, Almonds,Sauerkraut and Cranberries


A couple weeks ago, my mom was visiting and we went to Trader Joes on the way to my brothers house.  I was thrilled to see this Raw Kale Salad! 


I loved how fresh everything was; the kale wasn't dressed and there was probably at least 3-4 cups of kale in the salad, along with dried cranberries, edamame, scallions, tomatoes and almond.  My only gripe was the dressing.  First of all, I wish it had been vegan.  In my opinion, if you are making a raw kale salad, it just makes sense to serve it with a vegan salad dressing. Second, the dressing didn't taste good.  They billed it as a creamy lemon herb dressing, but to me it tasted like mayo mixed with a little vinegar.

I loved the edamame, cranberry and almonds though and knew I'd be making this salad at home with my yummy Low-fat Goddess Dressing!



I washed around 8 cups of kale, added 1 oz of almond, 2 tbsp dried cranberries, 1/2 cup edamame, tomatoes, onion, 1/4 of an avocado and 1 cup of our Live Sauerkraut and I ate the entire thing for a late breakfast/early lunch.  I massaged the kale with the sauerkraut "cook" it a bit for easier eating.  I LOVE eating huge salads!

YUM!
Thanks Trader Joes for the inspiration. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about any Goddess recipe. Gorgeous photos and phood as ever.

    ReplyDelete