This soup is simple to prepare and oh, so good for you! I call it DETOX SOUP, because it is full of awesome veggies, spices, and enriched with just a bit of coconut oil. It is very loosely based on a soup my mom used to make when I was younger, Bieler's Broth. This is my kicked up version!
Detox Green Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp ginger
- 1 jalapeno (I used 4 because I’m addicted to heat)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp lemongrass
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 lb green beans
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 bunch organic parsley including stems
- 1 bunch organic cilantro including stems
- 1 large organic Yukon gold potato
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 qt water plus up to 2 cups if needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Braggs Amino Acid to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat saute the garlic, ginger, jalapenos, onions and spices for several minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients up until the lemon, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook the soup for 20 minutes, then puree and add the lemon juice, braggs and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with full fat coconut milk if desired.