We went to Lake Winnipesaukee for the weekend , which was awesome. The Boyfriend has a friend who has a lake house there and it was a lovely, relaxing time.
My foot surgery is scheduled for this coming Friday, August 30th, and I'm pretty nervous about it, so it was really nice to get away for the weekend.
This morning, I made The Boyfriend an omelette with kale, onions, tomatoes, oregano and feta which was the inspiration for my breakfast. I took out two cups of cooked lima beans out of the freezer and chopped a few ingredients and it came together in 20 minutes.
20 Minute Greek Kale and White Bean Stew
- cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt/lemon pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup canned, chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- Parsley, olives and feta for garnish (optional)
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, saute the onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper for several minutes.
- De-glaze with the vinegar, add the kale, tomato, water and beans. Cover and bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add desired garnished, and check seasoning; adding more salt/lemon pepper to taste.