Friday, August 09, 2013

Am I a "Jerk" for wasting food?

So, as most of you know, I create my own Seasoning Mixes, but the other day, I needed some allspice, so I could develop a recipe.  I was feeling lazy, so I went to a store closer to home rather than Market Basket, or one of my favorite ethnic grocers.  They did not have allspice, but the recipe I was creating had all of the flavors of "Jerk" seasoning, so I paid close to $4.00 for BADIA brand Jerk Seasoning.

Let me tell you, it was a mistake.  I ended up throwing out the recipe I created and throwing out the entire bottle of seasoning. I tried to find a way to incorporate it into my food, but came up empty.  I rely on spices so much with my food, and this just made it disgusting.

Lesson Learned.

I will continue to create my awesome , homemade spice mixtures and this went into the trash.

I felt somewhat guilty, wasting food, but it would be much worse, forcing myself and The Boyfriend to eat dishes prepared with this seasoning.  I don't have a pre-mixed Jerk Seasoning, but I have made awesome Jerk Tofu, Tempeh and Seitan in the past... so I KNOW how I like it.  I suppose, I will be creating a Jerk Spice Rub in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment