I made a pot of Chili today and The Boyfriend, of course, wanted cornbread, but I don't have any cornmeal and really, we have so much food in the house, so going to the store seemed ridiculous. I remembered we had a couple bottles of beer that someone brought over that we will never drink, so I decided to create a beer bread recipe.
I used some homemade Queso, along with scallions and it came out fantastic!
Scallion - Queso Beer Bread
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur's)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan queso
- 12 oz room temperature beer
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Sift dry ingredients together (including sugar and salt)
- Make a well and whisk in the wet ingredients.
- Scrape into 8 inch loaf pan, sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake for 1 hour, rotating pan halfway through
- Let bread cool for at least 30 minutes.