So, day 2 was good. I did some cooking, so I could eat something more than soup. I've got a lot going on in the next 5 days or so. Tomorrow, I'm going to NH to see my son and my dog, and then we are going out of town on Friday to NJ for a family event for The Boyfriend. So.... there will be a break in the 7 days of eats.
Breakfast: Last of the Broccoli Soup
Lunch: Cajun Red Bean and Rice Loaf, Roasted Broccoli (this was really yummy.. I love roasted broccoli. It is totally possible to roast frozen veggies!)
Dinner: Roasted Veggie Pasta with Beans and Aioli/Chipotle Sauce:
Breakfast this morning was the last of the Minestrone soup, sans pasta.
So, here is what I have in the fridge cooked and waiting:
- 1 1/2 cup baked beans
- Around 1 cup of Broccoli Sauce (for pasta)
- around 2-3 cups of cooked pasta (from the first box of pasta I bought)
- around 2 cups of cooked Red Beans and Rice (From a box)
I am pressure cooking my second pound of kidney beans.
What I have left:
- cauliflower from 1 bag of frozen broccoli-cauliflower
- 2 lbs kidney beans (I'm cooking one as I'm writing this)
- 1 box Fiber Pasta
- 2 26 oz cans Mushroom Marinara
- 2 lbs frozen broccoli cauliflower
- part of a bag of frozen peas and carrots
- part of a bag (over half) of frozen peppers and onions
- canned okra, tomatoes and corn
- jar roasted red peppers
- canned chickpeas
- 20 oz. frozen blueberries
Meals I'm planning:
- Pasta with Marinara, Beans and Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Baked Beans and Pasta with Broccoli Sauce (probably for lunch today)
- Indian Spiced Chicipeas, Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Blueberry Smoothies
- Cajun Stew with Okra, Corn, Tomatoes, Red Beans and Rice
This is all subject to change, of course, given my mood.. but that's what I see when I look at what I have.
I will not be using the rest of the Progresso Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce. I found it disgusting. I used it in my BBQ Sauce, Minestrone and Broccoli Soup. Bleh. Not to mention, I spent $26 instead of $25 and had to shave a dollar off of something.