Friday, November 22, 2013

Raw Kale Salad with 5 Spice Tofu and Coconut Bacon



Oh, this salad!  It was so delicious. I just ate the whole thing for breakfast and wanted to share it with you guys. The flavors are intense, but come together REALLY well, for an explosion in your mouth!

This is how how I made it:
5 Spice Tofu

  • 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
  • 2 cups kale, chopped
  • 1 large carrot, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tbsp Sesame Chia Dressing
  • 1 tbsp golden flax meal
  • 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 2 tbsp coconut bacon **
  • 3 oz 5 Spice Tofu
  • Sriracha/Pepper to taste 
I placed everything except the bacon, tofu, Sriracha and pepper in a bowl and massaged it until the kale and cabbage started to break down, around a minute or so, then I topped it with the rest of the ingredients. 


The coconut bacon is a recipe I'm developing for a project, so I can't share it, but you can google how to make it. It's super simple.  Just take unsweetened coconut shreds and a mixture of tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrupe and spices and bake.

Here are some two links to more kale salads:

 EAT MORE PLANTS!!

2 comments:

  1. I was salivating over this on Facebook. Thank you for the recipe. I love coconut bacon and have made it. A restaurant here in Philly called Memphis Taproom serves a sammie in which it figures prominently.

    [I'll take you there next time you come here :)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hold you to that! My mom lives in Philly now .. and The Boyfriend has a good friend there, so I'm sure I'll be coming there at some point in the future...

      Delete