|Savory Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup|
This is the first recipe I've made for my $25 Dollar Tree Challenge. It's a savory broccoli soup with cheesy notes. This makes two big servings or 4 smaller servings and I had a big bowl for breakfast.
- ½ tsp smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 16 oz frozen broccoli-cauliflower mix
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 2 cups soy milk
- ½ cup frozen peppers and onions
- ½ cup fire roasted tomato Recipe Starter **SEE NOTE**
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Combine everything together except the salt/pepper and coconut oil in a pan on the stove, cover and bring to a strong simmer for 15 minutes. Take out a couple cauliflower florets if desired, then blend. Taste and adjust seasoning and stir in coconut oil.
- Yield: 2 large portions.
*NOTE*- I HATE this sauce, I only included it in the recipe because it is what I used. Please use salsa or spaghetti sauce instead, or even canned tomatoes.