Growing up, one of my favorite comfort meals was tofu and zucchini sauteed with thyme and tamari, served over bulgur. I would add some cottage cheese to it sometimes too. Yum..
So, this morning, I was kind of craving that, but I had red cabbage, white beans and some baked potatoes that I needed to use up. We are going out of town for 5 days for xmas, so I made this awesome breakfast!
Cabbage, White Beans and Potatoes
- 1 tbsp chipotle lime infused coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp good quality dry thyme
- red pepper flakes to taste if desired
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups red cabbage (or green cabbage)
- 2 small baked potatoes
- 1.5 cups cooked white beans
- Braggs to taste (or tamari or soy sauce)
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat add the coconut oil, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes.
- Saute for several minutes, then add the balsamic vinegar, cabbage, potatoes and white beans.
- Cook for 15 minutes or so, adding braggs and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Serves 2