Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dec. Pantry Challenge: Chickpea Flatbread Banh Mi


I LOVE Tofu Banh Mi's; they might be one of my favorite things to eat ever!  Unfortunately, the crusty white bread is not a healthy thing for me to eat on a regular basis, so this morning, I decided to use my Chickpea Flatbread in it's place.

This is a wrap you can feel good about eating!

I made a batch of 5 Spice Tofu (cubed instead of in slabs), Sriracha Aioli out of my Homemade Low Fat Vegenaise Alternative, used some Pickled Jalapenos from our garden, romaine, spiralized daikon and topped it with more sriracha.  Avocado would have been great, but this was still really delicious. Super filling and full of sustainable energy.  My favorite way to start the day.

Yesterday, I made a batch of Auntie's Dahl which is in the fridge, which I will heat up for lunch and serve over sauteed cabbage.

I got The Boyfriend a stove top smoker for his birthday!  We've been having fun smoking :-)


These veggies made a GREAT base for a Smoky Yellow Split Pea Soup with Kale:


I have a HUGE backlog of recipes to post...

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I love the idea of Chickpea Flatbread banh mi. While I love the traditional bread, it's A LOT of bread. The stovetop smoker is also intriguing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your flatbread has no oil...looks so yummy!! I can't wait to try making them for the kiddos. I have to get a new non-toxic non stick pan first. Mine got scratched and I tossed it.
    Peace & Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete