Monday, December 02, 2013

December Pantry Challenge: 10 Minute Tacos!



Thinking outside the box has served me well my entire life.  In some ways, it has made my life harder, but I don't think I would be alive today if I went with the status quo!

My approach to creating food can be seen as strange by some, but to me, it makes a lot of sense.  I like to make do with what I have and find that it allows a certain sense of creativity to flow; which is how I live my life.

Wow, what a digression.  We are talking about TACOS here, haha.  So, The Boyfriend came downstairs (he works from home) hungry for lunch.  I knew he needed a big meal, and he needed it fast.  I had some soup on the stove, but it wasn't ready and also, wasn't quite hearty enough for him.

I scanned the fridge/freezer and pulled out some leftover tofu scramble (tofu, onion, garlic, potatoes, zucchini, spices) and a black bean burger.

I fried up the burger and scramble and warmed the tortillas over the gas flame.  I added the burger/scramble mix, some chopped cabbage, fresh, homemade salsa and topped them with raw onion, cilantro and goat cheese.  He enjoyed the lunch a lot and it only took 10 minutes to throw together!

BTW, if you are looking for a vegan substitute for Goat Cheese, my Nutty Goat Cheese recipe is awesome!


Here's a sneak peak of Pantry Borscht.  Somehow, we had some canned carrots, and canned beets, so I created a recipe, hoping to replicate the flavors of my White Bean Borscht.  I'm happy to say, I succeeded!  I'll share the recipe tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment