Yesterday, I made Dill Pickle Roasted Chickpeas and asked that you save the reserved pickle brine for future use.
This is the future!
I used my 3 Ingredient Veggie Burger method to create these awesome Dill Pickle Chickpea burgers. They have 4 ingredients: Brine, Old Bay Seasoning, Chickpeas, and Old Fashioned Oats.
I'm pretty much in love with them. I have made what I call, Chickpea of the Sea burgers in the past, but these taste better. Much better. I did serve them with my homemade tartar sauce, which was made from my Low Fat Vegenaise Alternative.
Go make some awesome Dill Pickle Roasted Chickpeas and a batch of these burgers. I got 6 small burgers from the recipe.
- 2 cups (cooked) chickpeas
- leftover brine from the roasted chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal (NOT quick oats)
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- Heat the chickpeas and brine until boiling, then stir in the oatmeal and old bay. Turn off heat and mash together with a fork.
- Let the mixture cool, then form into patties and bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
Serve with Tartar Sauce and burger fixins. I love using Kale in place of lettuce.