Saturday, January 04, 2014

5 Spice Oatmeal Pear Ginger Mini-Muffins and Birthday Road Trip!


Tomorrow is my 42 birthday! I can't believe it!  I am picking up my oldest son in Portsmouth tomorrow morning, and we are driving to Keene to see my youngest son and hanging out for the day.  I can't wait! Then Andrew and I will spend the night in a hotel halfway back to Portsmouth and I will drive him back the next morning.  It will be awesome to spend time with my boys, since I rarely get to see them anymore now that they are adults and we are kind of spread out.

I made a batch of these muffins to bring along with some peanut butter so we will have something healthy to snack on. Recipe HERE (I only filled the muffin tins half way for portion control)

I also made a batch of Balsamic-Garlic Glazed Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Cremini Mushrooms and Toasted Almonds to bring to my younger son:


.. and of course, no visit would be complete without me bringing their favorite food ever... THE GOOD STIR FRY! 



1 comment: