Thursday, January 16, 2014

Daikon, Cremini, Tofu, and Snap Pea Fried Rice (in other words, using leftovers!)


This awesome dish came together in around 5 minutes since I had a bunch of leftovers that needed to be used. 

The other day, I made some Cremini Mushrooms with Daikon (scallions, ginger, toasted sesame oil, chili garlic paste fried up in my cast iron and topped with my Low Fat Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing.


I also had some Dry Fried Tofu:

Brown rice from the freezer (I make a big batch and freeze it in 1 or 2 cup portions. To make this meal, I blanched some snap peas, then added the rest of the ingredients to my cast iron and seasoned with a tiny bit of 5 Spice Powder, Sriracha, Cilantro and Soy Sauce to taste.  Then I topped it with Bamboo Smoked Black Sesame Seeds.

It was super yummy!


I know this isn't a "recipe".  It is a method... a method I hope you will adopt and put to use in your home. You can sub any protein, veggie, or grain with great results.  I have made delicious fried rice with chickpeas when I didn't have any tofu!  Experiment with what you have on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment