Sunday, January 12, 2014

Simple blender green juice and leftover pulp uses.


I made a quick blender juice this morning (pic taken with my phone) and wanted to share how I did it.

I'm not a huge fan of juicing. I'm more of a smoothie girl, but this morning, I just wanted some simple juice.  I'm not going to get in a debate about which is better.  Different strokes for different folks!

I used my Vitamix, 2 cups of water, 4 cups kale, 1 apple, 3 inches of ginger and 1 carrot, then I  blended it super well and strained the pulp with a small strainer.



I will use the pulp in baking; it has a very similar consistency to applesauce, so you can sub oil with some of the pulp.  If I hadn't used apple, I would use some in veggie burgers.  For now, it's frozen for future use.

1 comment:

  1. Vitamix is a well known blender for it's excellent service. It's really well for juice and smoothie. Thanks for your nice blog, really enjoyed it.

    Best Blender

    ReplyDelete